Wednesday, March 27, 2013

New Music Tuesday(s) and Minneapolis Wrap Up



Two weeks of new music -- yay! 

My current favorites: 
JT's new album - The 20/20 Experience. GET THIS IN YOUR HEAD.  The 16-year old girl in me is swooning. Except now JT has ditched the fro and is way cuter. And married. My favorites: Don't Hold the Wall and That Girl and Let The Groove In (very Salsa-esque), Tunnel Vision. Obvi I like this album. 

Blake Shelton- Based on a True Story. LOVE me some Blake. I really like his first single, Sure Be Cool if You Did. But, honestly, I love this whole album after the first listen this morning. Really can't pick a favorite right now, but Small Town Big Town is what comes to mind first thing. This will be my next long run album. :) I really like Doin' What She Likes, too. Really cute. :) The lovey in me just gets the fuzzies. Lame sauce, I know. 

One Republic - Native. I love One Republic. This album doesn't change my mind on that. Really like  Feel Again (their single. Hasn't gotten old to me yet.) and I Lived. Love the lyrics and it rings true to how I want to feel at the end of this whole Michigan experience.  


50 Cent - We Up. New single. Really feeling this one! 
Willy Moon - My Baby. Such a fun song! 
Also, not "new" per se -- but I have been loving on Phoenix's newest album, It's Never Been Like That. It's a fun album, a good slow paced running mix, with some fun upbeat songs, too.

OK -- On to Minnesowwtah :)
Well, getting up at 4:00 AM to catch a flight is never fun, but doing it to see one of your favorite people after 6 weeks of not seeing them makes it a bit easier. :) So, Luckily on the way there I didn't have any delays or issues (Praise the Lord!), and arrived in Minneapolis at 9:00 AM! We did lots of fun stuff, inluding: Mall of America (all day!), downtown Minneapolis (so fun -- LOVED IT), the Walker Art Museum (I would NOT recommend this museum to ANYONE. So weird and we all left feeling creeped out and confused. You can't unsee things....that's all I'm saying), and some good eats! We had brunch at The Local, had giant beers and mexi at Acapulco's, and even cooked out. Last but not least, I got to hold a black chicken, and play with Duke :) Can't wait to go back! Special thanks to Michelle and Dan for opening up their home, and to Natasha and Sheena for checking on Bigs while I was away! Here are some pics:

One of the chickens, and Duke
Trying to teach Duke "up" -- not a success. 
Acapulco's 
Downtown Sculpture Garden -- Cherry on a spoon. 
Downtown. Yes, he's that tall. And I'm that short. 
On the train to downtown. ALMOST missed the train lol 

<3 So, that's my quick trip to Minneapolis with Michael to see his sister and Dan. Had so so so much fun. Even got a run in! Although I ate like shit, I'm getting back on track this week :) I do what I want on vacations lol

Posts will probably be a little inconsistent until the end of April -- my semester is starting to wrap up which means everything is due. Yikes.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Oh -- Special shout out to Rockwall Heath High School Gymnastics team and my bad-A brother Grayson for making it to STATE this year!!! Woo hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment