Thursday, March 14, 2013

Premature Senioritis and Running Babble

Oh...here it is. Spring is here, meaning that May is coming....meaning it seems like *everyone* is graduating. Literally, in one of my classes, there's only one girl that's not graduating this May. 

Oh.....and me. That's right, I'm not graduating this May either...... I'm just excited about the fact that this time next year, I'll be basically finished with my MSW. It will be here before I know it, and then I'll probably be sad about it. That's generally how it works.

So, knowing I have 13 months left of school, why have I been ruthlessly searching for potential jobs on indeed.com, ihiresocialservices.com, etc? Those jobs aren't going to be there next year, Kathryn. If I'd stop doing that all my upcoming assignments would be done, that's for sure.

You know what else isn't going to be there next year (more than likely)? The apartments you look at. Or the houses.
Even Bigs daydreams about post-grad while studying :) 

I am psychotic.

-End rant -

On to running -- I am in my second week of my make-shift training and doing well. My knee is still giving me issues which I am NOT loving, but I've been icing like I should (for once), and trying to get better about stretching/using my roller. I've also been taking IB Profen pre-run (as suggested) these past few days and that's really helped. I also think the kickmyass 90 minute hot yoga once a week really helps, especially while still doing Insanity and abs 2-3 times a week. Since I'm working on overall strength in addition to building up my running endurance again, it evens everything out. Last race training I pretty much JUST ran and did spin, which really didn't give my legs a rest, or work many different muscle groups.
Left: one week ago. Right: This morning, feeling great!
I really don't know how I'd be surviving Michigan without exercise. I know I've said this several times...but I'm serious. It drastically improves my moods AND gives me something productive to do. I'm so thankful to have such a beneficial hobby. Especially when it's frikkin' snowing/icing in MARCH. 'Scuse me sun, it is time for you to make a permanent appearance around these parts. Thanksamil. Adios ice.
The ever-present bruise. 
Anyway -- if anyone has a magic wand knee-fix for me -- please pass it along. I' ll be getting up real early this Saturday pre-St. Pat's festivities to run 5 and am a little bit nervous. I'm hoping to hit up Playmakers one of these Wednesdays for the Sports Injury Clinic. If I end up being unable to run the Bayshore at my pace I will have to get over it. The triathlon will be easier on the knee.
St. Pat's Dash Down Greenville in Dallas. Can't believe this was a year ago.
St. Pat's -- I am excitedddd to see all the pics posted! One of my favorite nonsense holidays. I won't be in Ireland like the manfriend, but Lansing is a close second (ha-ha --not). At least I'll be in great company :)

Stay tuned for some fun pictures from the weekend andddd potential news! 

Sidenote: For those of you that actually read this, my family would really appreciate some prayers, as we are facing some hardships I'd rather not disclose. We would really appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. Prayers for you and your family! And way to go on the exercise. I know exactly how you feel...running is my FREE THERAPY. Have ran off and on over the last 18 years but just started ENJOYING it and NEEDING it since last April when we bought a business...major stress reliever. Keep up the great work...even in the ice and cold and snow.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodi :) Running is the best therapy, and it helps me sleep, too!

    ReplyDelete