Monday, April 1, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up and Easter

Hey guys!! I hope that everyone had a great week and weekend! 


Friday, I worked all day and had some friends over to watch State blow it -- ugh. But but it was fun, and I made these yumm-o asparagus roll ups:
I used ham (you could use turkey instead, but I love ham), low fat cream cheese, and asparagus. You roll it up and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes (or until warm and the cream cheese is soft). They're so tasty, quick, and inexpensive. 

So, on Saturday, I worked on my paper and cleaned my apartment. Getting wild, I know. I also ran 7 miles with NO KNEE PAIN! Woo-hoo. I was so so so excited about it. And the weather was UHMAZING. I love this time of year -- it's like a pre-spring, almost-shorts weather. #awesomesauce. 
See? No snow and sunshine. I've been waiting for this since October haha! I also trained at my new restaurant job (again, the glamour of a grad student) and enjoyed that, too. Minus the sore feet :)

Sunday, I got up and went to church with a good friend of mine. Then I went to lunch/dinner at Kelly's and had a great first Easter away from home. I was worried about it, as I am super close to my family and didn't want to be sad all day -- but I was so pleasantly surprised. Dinner was great, and the company was even better. We even got little Easter baskets that they hid around the house. Cute? Yes :)  God has really blessed me with some wonderful people here in Michigan -- and I couldn't have been more aware of that yesterday. I continue to be amazed at the blessings I've been gifted since moving here, and the lessons I've learned. So so thankful.

Ok, I'm almost done with this paper, and I want to get it done before hot yoga at 6. Gonna run to get some java <3 and knock the rest of this paper out! 


Needed a little help last night working on this paper until 1:00 AM. Ugh. 
Happy Monday, y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment