Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mix it Up Monday - New Music Tuesday - Running - School


Still on my post-semester high of no school. So, what do I fill my time with? More work, of course -- and running, yoga, and READING BOOKS. Not textbooks...just fun books. Imagine that concept :)  Loving my Kindle -- and reading all of my mom's awesome archived books. Fo free. #awesome.

Hallelujah.
My post-semester "treat" to myself :) 
 Also loving the weather. Now Texas can be jelly of our awesome weather :) 
BEAUTIFUL Michigan weather. Finally.
Trying not to obsess over my grades, because it's really out of my hands. Working on not trying to be "perfect" 24/7 -- and a part of that is not trying to control things I have no say over (i.e., grades post-semester). So, here's to that *cheers* 


Mix it up Monday -- Protein "Cheesecake" 

Ingredients: 
4 oz FF cream cheese
2 tsp milk (I used almond)
4 tsp sugar (I used 3)
1 scoop protein powder (I used vanilla non-GMO soy based protein powder by Body by Vi). 
*Mix it all up and refrigerate. I refrigerated mine overnight. Serve with fruit. Or if you're adventurous with graham crackers or teddy grahams. I don't keep that stuff at my apartment, so I didn't use either, just threw some blackberries and crack (AKA cinnamon...same thing) on it and had a few spoonfuls. YUM. Trying to eat more protein, and since I am a salad queeeen it's kind of hard to do that, other than put chicken and eggs on my salads, which I don't do often. So, this is a sweet treat, that has protein. Double bonus.
DELISH.
Fun fact -- I ran 3 miles at 8:01 per mile -- new consistent pace for me! Speed work Monday worked well for me :) Ready to PR these races Holllaaaaah. 2:00:00 here I comeeee :) Also -- my strengthening exercises are seriously working, along with shortening my stride and trying to stick to the 180bmp. WHATUP NOW, KNEES. 
Look at these muscles popping out. Not complaininggggg.
Fun fact #2 - I have been developing an unhealthy love for chocolate milk, thanks to the bf. YUM. I realize that these may not be fun facts for you guys...but they're fun for me...so, I write about it :) 


New Music Tuesday

1. Will.i.am - #willpower uh yes please.
Love it so far. Listened to it on my quick run Monday and LOVED it. I love it because I don't cringe at the awful language. I have a teeny potty mouth, but frankly I am conservative when it comes to some rap songs. Contradictory I know. Whatevs, I own it :)
2. Alt J - An Awesome Wave. This isn't new this week, but I am officially obsessed with this albummmm.
3. Just discovered Liz McDaniel -- AMAZING voice. Look up For Memories. LOVE LOVE. 


Fun pics from the last week: 

Just my creeper cat admiring me first thing in the morning. Clearly I wasn't awake yet..but I had to capture this moment.

obsessed with eggs these days. And per usual, salads and Sriracha.



Leaving you guys with a #flexbreak. Don't be scared :) 


Catch ya later! Happy graduation week to all those workin' the stageeee this weekend! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment