Tuesday, May 21, 2013

All Things Fargo...You Betcha!

Well well well --- here I am, back in Lansing. Boo hiss.

Recap of my trip:
1. Arrived on Thursday to BEAUTIFUL weather (Thanks Fargo), and of course, my handsome man. 

We went to lunch and I had some Mexi. I normally wouldn't mention this, however I haven't had Mexican food since JANUARY, and it happens to be my favorite cuisine when eating out. YUM. I loved every bite. I didn't get to nap on the plane, so getting up at 3:50 made for a longgggg day. However, getting there early was totally worth it. So, I finished up the day by working in the yard, as M is refinishing his basement, and had some outside tasks to do since he knew rain was coming. I even got my very own lady work gloves -- ladies, he is quite the charmer ;)

2. Friday I went to the Fargo Go Far Marathon expo, and of course, I was in running heavennnn. They had THE cutest shirts! I really had to restrain myself from buying everything, and since the two shirts I loved didn't have my size, I left empty handed, which was probably for the best. But, I got a million sample things, including C4 pre-workout powder that I've really been wanting to try. I'll test it out and blog about it later. So, next time I'm there I will be hitting up Swanson's because they had lots of freebies and I fell in love with this shampoo and conditioner I tried out.
(Boston love)

3. Saturday. RACE DAYYYYY! I started my morning as I always do pre-race. 16 oz of water, PB, banana, and one cup of coffee. Kate and I got up bright and early and M dropped us off at 6:30 AM to get ready. He didn't complain once about getting up early or sacrificing his time when he wanted to be at the lakes. Very sweet. Anyway...

 Kate and I stretched after she doctored my hellacious blisters with Second Skin, bandaids, and wraps on BOTH feet (I think my shoes aren't right or something). Anyway, once she tamed the monsters, I was good to go and super ready. I also ran into one of my fave IG friends, Jodi and her daughter!
 She was training for her first half and we ran into each other pre-race -- love the running IG community, and I think the fact that ND is super friendly helps too :) Anyway, that was super fun and added to the race excitement!
Readyyy to run like the ND winds!

So, Kate and I finished pre-race stuff and lined up. I found my 2:00:00 pace group and started the race strong, despite the rain and a bathroom pit stop (ugh). 
I'm somewhere in here. 

After mile 5, I decided to split from my pace group, because the rain had stopped and I was feeling great. So, I picked up my pace from 9:08 to probably about 8:30 until I hit 10 miles. I saw M twice early on, and again with his dad at mile 10 -- which was so fun as I've not had any family or friends at any other races yet! Such a great supporter. So, I ran quickly my last mile and a half..I don't even know how fast....and I ended up finishing 1:57:22. Under my 2:00:00 goal!!!
yeahhhhhhh!! 
So, the Fargo half was a HUGE success. So blessed and thankful for this body I've been given. I can't help but give Thanks throughout each major race or run. I'm truly blessed with so much. 
Post Race -- waiting for the first full finisher.
Post-race 2

 4. I stretched it out and spent the afternoon/night in Detroit Lakes with perfect weather and fun company.
View from Craig's boathouse. Love it. 

5. Then, M, his sister and I (and Duke!) went to "the farm" to see their grandparents -- and that was just the cutest day ever. :) Seriously. That's the only way to describe it. 
On the land behind the house
Sibs + Duke! 

Had such a fun time visiting. It was the last nice weather day we had there, too. 
Other than that, we relaxed together and spent time with his family. 

Please send some prayers, He knows the need. Thanks in advance ❤

Ready to rock the Bayshore this weekend! Recap for Race #2 to follow! 

3 comments:

  1. Kat-I am SO glad you had such a great time in Fargo again and that you totally rocked that half marathon. So super proud of you and wishing you the best of luck this weekend!!!!!

    Thank you for taking the time to meet this ole IG Ma and my daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and Kate...it was great to meet you too!!!!! Didn't hear how your run went but hope it went great!

      Delete
    2. Absolutely!! Had so much fun running into you girls. Kate did great! I think she was around the 2:30-ish mark! Hopefully I'll see you ladies at another race sometime within the year!!

      Delete