Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mix it up Monday & New Music Tuesday

Ok, second go-round! 

MIX IT UP MONDAY: I tried ThinkThin protein bars. Since starting My Fit Pal (or should I say, re-starting), I really need to reduce my sugar intake -- all my sugars are gone early in the day due to my morning fruits. Anyhow -- I wanted to try the ThinkThin bars because Mama Laughlin loves them, and they are one of the few that have 0 sugar -- and 20 g of protein! I will be upping my protein as soon as I up my mileage in preparation for "running season" (see upcoming post about this) so I like that it has a higher protein content (: I had it with my afternoon Spark! It was tasty! The Spark and the ThinkThin bar (: Additionally, I did two workout's today! Not necessary a first-time thing, but definitely not the norm! Every bit counts!

Easy E and I had a little mani/pedi sesh -- so fun. Except getting an almost-two year old to not move her piggies or fingers is impossible. Just not gonna happen. Ever.

*TADAH!* Look at those little toes!

Hot yoga -- R-O-U-G-H. 90 minutes in a hotter-than-hell (although I won't ever know this for sure haha!) steamy room doing yoga is not easy.  Apparently I burn between 800-900 calories in there (according to this website that seemed legit, but who knows). EL Hot Yoga has awesome intro offers ($20 for two weeks of unlimited classes and student discounts). It's really helped me beat these February winter blues. If you're interested in the benefits of hot yoga just click the link. :) 

So Tuesday -- class. Every week. Except next week -- Spring Breakkkkkkkk. Too bad it's still going to be cold, and I'm not going anywhere. Or doing anything. Adult Spring Breaks are NOT as fun as freshman/sophomore/junior year SB. *sigh* Onward...

NEW (to me) MUSIC TUESDAYYYYY
So, new to me is Alt-J. OMG. Why have I not been *on* this train before now? I heard it on 88.9 The Impact (MSU student radio = bomb), and immediately downloaded it on Rhapsody.  So, currently, I am loving:
Alt-J's song Breezeblocks. His voice is so unique. He's featured on the Silver Lining Playbook soundtrack, so some may know of him already.

Another new-to-me song found on The Impact: The Lower 48 - The End. I love it. It's cute and folksy. 

ACTUAL new stuff out today:
10,000 Maniacs
- Music from the Motion Picture. Sweetsy-acoustic sound. Never heard of this group before, but they've been around since the '90s and were a big part of the Lillith Fair school of music (fun fact). Some of the songs I don't like, but I DO like I Don't Love You Too and Gold. Mellow sound.
Atoms for Peace - Amok totally different than my typical style, but i like it. Kind of...Thom Yorke-esque.
Ivan & Alyosha - All The Times We Had
- indie-pop, I like it. Reminds me of summer tiiiime. Enough said.
*******
Other news: I have an interview for my internship on Friday at 11:00 AM with the MSU Counseling Center. Prayers would be appreciated :) I am nervous.

Until next time,
Enjoy your day, wherever you are and whatever you're doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment