Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mix it Up Monday and New Tunes Tuesday

Mondays are my *official* hot yoga day (shout outttt East Lansing Hot Yoga) -- however THIS week I forgot my stupid wallet at home and didn't have time to grab it -- needless to say I was really annoyed. But, I did Insanity instead :) Working for my summer bod, and Insanity is always my go-to workout if I'm not hitting the pavement/treadmill.  I will forever praise Shaun T haha!

I'm trying to do something new every Monday to mix it up, so for dinner I made acorn squash for the first time ever! It's so good. I'm a HUGE fan of spaghetti squash but acorn squash is more buttery and rich. Needless to say, it was delicious. Just cut that baby in half, drizzle with oil and s&p, and cook for 40 minutes at 375. BAM - in your belly. A one cup serving packs:
115 calories
9g fiber
2g of protein.
*If that's not good enough for you, 1 cup has over 30% of the daily recommended dose of Vit C. Score.

For breakfast Tuesday I had protein-packed oatmeal --- as a self-professed oatmeal lover, I CANNOT believe I'd not heard of this before. You make quick oats (not the packaged kind but the homemade regular oats) -- and right when the milk is almost absorbed by the oats, add two egg whites and stir stir stir. Makes it stick to your ribs! I love this because you can make it however you want! Oh how I love choices :) I modified the recipe from The Healthy Foodie -- Here's a pic of mine:
So glad I ate this because my cold, snowy, windy walk to class was better with a warm and full stomach :) 

NEW MUSIC TUESDAYS! I live for Tuesdays. I get so sad when there isn't any good music out on Tuesdays -- it's literally the first thing I do Tuesday mornings :)
This week:
LIVE Mumford and Sons takes the cake -- The Road to Red Rocks
Lady A  - Downtown

Last week, I discovered Thao and The Get Down Stay Down with their new album We The Common --- in loveeeee. Seriously. Check them out. If you don't love them, don't tell me.




No comments:

Post a Comment