Sunday, February 17, 2013

Eats: Post Work Out


Ok, so... I love waiting until after my workouts to eat, if I'm doing a quick one (less than an hour). So, I whipped up these banana 'pancakes' for my post workout breakfast this morning. I LOVE these.

You'll need:
Eggs (2)
Baking soda and baking powder (1/2 tsp each)
Milk (of your choice) I use Almond, about 3/4 cup)
Flour (I used whole wheat, but you can use almond, coconut, or regular-- 3/4 cup)
Oil for the pan (I use coconut)
A ripe banana.
Optional ingredients I added:
Vanilla (splashed it -- no measurements, sorry)
Nutmeg and cinnamon
Oats (about 1/4 cup for extra texture and an extra umph)
Unsweetened coconut (I'm obsessed with it these days)
Honey and walnuts on top.

1. Mash your banana. MASH it -- my arm was hurting a little afterwards :)
2. Add your optional spices/vanilla. Mix it up.
3. Add eggs and oats (if you want them).
4. Add the almond milk, the baking powder/soda, and flour. Mix some more.
*You might need to add more milk, depending on the consistency you want. Mine looked like this (kinda like an organic nut butter consistency) --


5. Heat the pan and add your choice of oil. They will work like regular pancakes, and start to bubble at the edges when they're ready to be flipped.

6. I drizzled them with honey (instead of the traditional butter and syrup) when they were done, and stacked 'em high. I almost forgot to take a picture of the finished product because i was devouring them.

The addition of the coconut was a fabulous last minute choice. added a little extra crunch. So, throw in whatever you've got!

Sidenote -- it is BEAUTIFUL outside today. Cold as frick -- but so pretty.



Yes, that's Michigan. No dreary clouds? Sunshine, is it?! YES! Happy Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment