Friday, February 15, 2013

Back from the Dead


 Wow -- it's been SO long. I almost fell off the (blog) planet. :) 

So, as most of you know, in May I moved from Dallas, Texas to Lansing, Michigan. Yes. That happened. It didn't happen how I thought, but has ended up being one of the best lessons in life and love and prayer and diligence. "Everything happens for a reason" -- many say, and some people actually mean it. Well, I actually do. While my life here is TOTALLY different than I imagined, it's also better than I imagined in a lot of ways. Sure, I have hard days (as you'll see exposed here) -- but I force myself to love this journey I'm on.

New things about me since my last post --

I'm a student -- AGAIN. I'm finishing my first year in a part-time LMSW (Master Social Work -- or The Master Social Worker, as I like to say) program at Michigan State University. Go Spartans!


I'm still crazy about eating right, fun crafts, clothes (although my budget keeps me in check :)), and fitness. I'm currently in LOVE with Advocare (holla at me!), and am still doing insanity and running sporadically (it's still cold here).

 
Running in Michigan has been a struggle -- the cold has DEFINITELY been an adjustment :) I'm doing another half in May (the Bay Shore -- one of the most popular races here) and that will be my third one since December of 2011 -- yes, I'm allowed to brag about it. The race above was the Chicago Half in Sept of 2012 -- one of my most memorable races, as I registered in April before my move to give me something to look forward to.

As I'm a student and I work pretty much full time (for these AMAZING littles that I adore) -- my posts will probably be on fun and easy healthy recipes/cheap eats with the occasional craft -- I'm busy. It will be a random mix of all things Kat -- get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment