Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Suck it up, Suck it in (Winter Mantra)



Welllllll, it's starting to get cold here in Michigan. Much to my disappointment.

It's also about to start getting dark at 3:00pm (okay, that's a little exaggeration, but not by much!) -- which is REALLY going to put a damper on my evening runs. I need to get a night running jacket, but those babies aren't cheap, and $75 dollars on a yellow construction vest does NOT appeal to me. Crazy, I know they're all the fashion rage. Oh well, I've been scouring the racks at Marshall's almost daily with no luck, but I am hoping the fashion gods...or the running gods, will take pity on me and send one my way. Or my parents, hell, anyone will do :) 

I've decided to do two halfs through the winter to help keep me motivated to run outside and not gain the dreaded winter weight, so I'm doing one in January and March. 

Yes, March is still winter. No joke. Kill me now. Doing the halfs will help keep me conditioned for the Fargo full in May, so I thought why not? Plus they're cheap and who doesn't love big shiny medals? Seriously, who doesn't?!

In addition to this, I've decided to cut out sweets for 30 days, and I started Sunday. So, I will be able to have dessert for Thanksgiving. But, lately my sweet tooth (teeth?) have been a little out of control, so this should help. It's going to be hard with the potluck on Thursday at work, but I will survive :) I'm also cutting out booze -- except this Saturday because it's the UM/MSU game -- GO GREEN. So, other than that though...30 days of no sweets and 29 of no booze. Should be interesting. I just want to start the holiday season off right, and this will be easier than the Whole 30 I was considering. So, I will keep you guys posted :) I'm trying to suck it up now so I don't have to suck it in for my big 2-6 :)

Ok, quick post, but I have to prepare for my case presentation tomorrow :) Fall semester is coming to a close soon (I am finished with the semester early, Dec 2nd!) so I have a lot coming up, which is exciting and a pain in the ass all at the same time. I can *finally* see the light at the end of the tunnel...and by the end of April I will *officially* be finished with grad school. Crazy thought.


I just love this. #socialworkeducation

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment